The Promoting Employment in Nigeria (PEN) Project will support the Federal Government of Nigeria, social partners and other relevant stakeholders in strengthening the national employment governance framework and institutional capacity for the transition to decent work. The PEN Project is being implemented through the financial support of the German Government (GIZ).
Building on previous collaboration between GIZ and ILO, including under the "Initiative on Employment, Labour Migration and Reintegration" (LMER), the project seeks to
1. Build the evidence base on employment promotion in Nigeria through an analysis of Nigeria's current labour market situation, considering the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic within a rapidly changing labour market.
2. Review the extent of implementation of the 2017 National Employment Policy and revise its Implementation Matrix in line with new requirements brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Support public and private stakeholders at federal and state levels around the integration and reintegration of job seekers into the labour market, emphasizing the availability and accessibility of labour market information to address employment and reintegration strategies in the post-COVID-19 era.
4. Review of the National Electronic Labour Exchange (NELEX) in line with respective objectives of the National Employment Policy
5. Support the provision of employment services and information for job seekers.